Wednesday, 21 October 2015

What I'm Watching



As much as I love being busy, going out with friends and visiting new places; I need my downtime. For me that means chilling in bed or on the couch with a cup of tea and my shows. Here is what i’ve been watching of late.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer



An oldie but a goodie. One of my all time favourites and my go-to when i’m feeling down or drained and in need of some kick ass girl power. If you haven’t seen it, you should. Seriously. Here is why, explained so eloquently by Buzzfeed. Yes, the special effects in the first few seasons are not great to say the least, but it’s funny and smart and real (even if it is about vampires) and has some bloody brilliant story lines.

XFactor


Simon is back ! And yes. He cried. I haven’t watched the last few seasons but i’ve got back into it this year. There seems to be less sob stories and less really crap/weird people and more goodness. The six chair challenge is brutal but I love watching it. But there is still too many adverts. It means Christmas is on it’s way and Saturday nights snug in the warmth with a takeaway and glass of wine.

Gilmore Girls


News of the Netflix revival has my very very excited. I decided to celebrate by re-watching the show start to finish. I’m on season two already and have came to the conclusion that I am the third Gilmore Girl. 

The Newsroom


I watched half of the first season when this first came out and have recently re-discovered it. It is really smart and quick and I feel like I am getting cleverer (*more clever - see?!) as I watch it. I’m going fairly slow with this one though, you do need to pay attention. It’s not a background show !


2 comments: