Friday, 25 September 2015

Hello Autumn


It’s here ! Hello Autumn.

Whilst it feels like summer was over in a muggy flash (it was), I can’t say that i’m not looking forward to the change in seasons. Crunchy golden leaves, warm boots, fluffy jumpers, and steaming drinks.

It feels like a relief. The colder nights an excuse to stay in curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. It feels like winding down, like hibernating, like I no longer feel the constant need to spend every night out ‘making the most of it’. 

But there is still so much to look forward to! Halloween; a brilliant excuse to get the girls around for lots of sweets whilst scaring ourselves silly. Plus, costume time. What are you going to dress up as this year? Then there is Guy Fawkes Night which just makes me feel like I am ten years old again. Sparklers gripped in my warm gloved hand with the smell of the bonfire in the air. The ooohing and ahhhing as all the colour explodes in the sky.. Magical. And of course Christmas is just around the corner.

What are you looking forward to most ?

2 comments:

  1. I love Autumn! It's definitely my favourite season! Can't wait to bring out the coats and snuggle up in doors :) xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete